Skip to content
Advantages of welded joints
- Welded connections are more economical than other bolted or riveted connections.
- The application area of welding is more than riveted/bolted connections.
- Welded structures are more rigid than other joints, since the elements joined in welded joints are directly welded to each other.
- Welded structures are truly continuous structures and they look cleaner / tidy,
- Minor mistakes that may be encountered during production and assembly can be easily tolerated.
- Production takes less time because fewer parts or sheets are used in welded joints
Disadvantages of welded joints
- Welded rigid connections can cause problems in simple connections where very small moment transfer is required.
- Quality control processes in welded joints are more expensive than bolted/riveted joints.
- Special equipment is needed to make welded joints.
- Accidents that may occur, especially in gas welding, can be fatal.
- Welded joints are non-removable joints.